Saturday, April 3, 2010

Lucy the Diamond Fairy, Daisy Meadows

First of all, full confession. I read this while I was waiting for the kettle to boil. It took me 4 minutes and 56 seconds. Not exactly the most challenging book I've ever read. But it amused me, so I put it up here. ^_^

Rachel and Kristy are friends with a *sparkles* MAGICAL secret!!!! They're friends of fairies!!!! OMG OMG OMG HOW EXCITING. And the plot of this story is basically the same as all the other Rainbow Magic Books. Jack Frost stole some magical item, which is causing problems in fairy land. The fairies need Rachel and Kristy's help!!!!

So Rachel and Kristy help, JF is vanquished, and there's a party.

I'd noticed these books around the house before, but I'd never actually read one through. When I read this, I was surprised to see how much danger there actually was. If you're the intended audience, this would be quite a stressful book. I mean, Rachel and Kristy are flying after JF, who is THROWING ICE LIGHTENING AT THEM. *small girls everywhere panic* And when Rachel was hit by the lightening, it froze her wings, and she was plummeting towards the ground, *small girls everywhere upgrade to hyperventilation* But then she was caught by Pegasus, so it was all good.

^_^

There was Pegasus, how could I not enjoy the book? I gave it three stars out of five. It was better than watching the kettle or reading the seed catalogue again.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Just the numbers, sir...